New integration helps cross-functional teams communicate and collaborate, reducing customer and employee friction and increasing loyalty.
8×8, a unified cloud communications platform, and Genesys, a customer experience orchestrator, announced a product integration of 8×8 Work with Genesys Cloud CX. With the new integration, organizations can quickly align agents and the appropriate subject matter experts to collaborate for better customer outcomes.
In the digital workplace today, nearly every employee has a role in the CX, making it more important than ever to eliminate barriers between departments and systems. Connecting teams across the enterprise enable customers and employees to engage more fluidly, improving loyalty.
According to Robin Gareiss, CEO and principal analyst at Metrigy, “Gone are the days where contact center agents reside on an island, away from the rest of the company. By integrating cloud UC and contact center, CX leaders see improvements in key business metrics, including customer and employee satisfaction, revenue, costs, and agent productivity. When companies remove communications and collaboration barriers, they empower all employees to help resolve customer issues and provide real-world insights into product development, marketing, and sales strategies.”
Businesses like AdaptHealth are already realizing the advantages of using 8×8 and Genesys solutions and see further benefits now with the two market leaders joining forces. “At AdaptHealth, we are committed to delivering an enhanced high-quality experience to our patients and healthcare professionals,” said Albert Prast, Chief Technology Officer at AdaptHealth. “By enhancing the collaboration between our employees using 8×8 cloud unified communications and the contact center teams on Genesys Cloud CX, we can deliver an even higher level of customer service and empower patients to live their best lives at home.”
Better Customer and Employee Experiences with 8×8 Work and Genesys Cloud CX
By combining 8×8 Work’s enterprise voice, video meetings and team chat capabilities with the composable Genesys Cloud CX platform, organizations can drive all employee communication, and collaboration needs across voice and digital channels for the entire enterprise. The integration provides:
- Secure, in-network call transfers between the contact center and the rest of the organization make collaboration simpler.
- Unified company directory with API-driven user provisioning allows agents to easily connect with any subject matter expert across the organization to solve customer issues and collaborate in real-time with a single click.
- Integrated single sign-on for user authentication creates a smoother and more efficient employee experience.
- Shared user presence status makes it possible for agents to see the availability of non-contact center subject matter experts for faster customer service.
- Superior voice quality around the globe with Genesys Cloud Voice and 8×8, which provides full cloud Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) support for multinational organizations with employees and customers in 50 countries by offering local direct numbers, toll-free numbers, and calling plans, in addition, to support for local emergency services.