Leading content personalization company explores why personalization is mission-critical for brand communications
Movable Ink, a content personalization provider, unveiled its second annual research report: Audience of One: Getting Personalization Right. As privacy becomes a top priority for both brands and consumers, the report explores how marketers are striving toward more effective data collection while consumers demand more transparency in return. The survey, which polled 3,000 consumers from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Ireland, identifies trends across key demographics from the consumer perspective, including the types of information consumers will share for a more tailored customer experience.
Movable Ink’s Audience of One report examines what consumers value in marketing communications and the information that’s most useful in their purchasing journey. With three in five consumers sharing that they’re more likely to buy a brand’s products when they’ve created a personalized experience in their communications, the need for personalization is critical to driving long-term customer value.
Key findings from the report include:
- Over two-thirds (68%) of consumers say they are likely to be a loyal customers and purchase more of a brand’s products if they’re engaging and building personal relationships with them
- Over half of consumers are comfortable giving personal information to brands in exchange for a more personalized experience – including consumers’ location as nearly half (44%) of them reported
- Over half (51%) of U.S. consumers reported they would be more likely to trust the brand that sent them personalized communications, which is an increase of 6% from 2021
- 20% of consumers say a lack of transparency around how brands use data is a top concern. Brands must demonstrate clear value in exchange for data
- Misuse of personal information can have dire consequences and may even be a deal-breaker for consumers, with 40% saying they would cancel services or not purchase from the company again in response, and three in ten (29%) say they would unsubscribe from emails
“A spotlight on data privacy regulations, tech changes, and consumer preferences has caused a tectonic shift across the marketing industry. However, despite the ever-changing landscape, our latest research reiterates consumers’ calls for more personalized experiences and that they’re willing to exchange data if it means a more tailored brand experience,” said Vivek Sharma, CEO at Movable Ink. “Movable Ink is looking forward to sharing these findings and continuing our mission of helping brands elevate the customer experience to drive deeper relationships.”