Maybe it has something to do with the fact that around the Snapchat generation alone accounts for over $1.9 trillion in spending power. Walmart Connect recently announced a partnership withTikTok, Snapchat, Firework, TalkShopLive and Roku
Consumers who turned to online shopping during the pandemic have chosen to stay there, with those returning to in-store relying on online research to guide their decisions. Consumers realized the importance of “connection” and were forced to adapt and connect in new ways, including social feeds, live streaming, mobile, and more, specifically across video and connected TV. In fact, the predicted growth of social commerce from 10% of all ecommerce to 17% by 2025 will be driven by Gen Z and millennial consumers and nearly two-thirds (64%) of social media users — an estimated 2 billion social buyers — said they made a purchase on social media in the past year.
Walmart Connect is committed to improving and innovating new ways for suppliers and sellers to connect with customers throughout the shopper journey by creating a multilateral culture of experimentation. Walmart Connect recently announced the evolution of its Partner Program strategy to create a robust, diverse ecosystem that will expand advertiser support, increase services and deliver access anywhere advertisers need to have it. Today, we’re building on that strategy by announcing our Innovation Partners. As the media funnel continues to collapse, advertisers realize the opportunity to reach shoppers on leading platforms where they are increasingly spending their time.
These strategic partnerships provide ‘Test and Learn’ opportunities with social, entertainment, t-commerce, and live streaming throughout the entire holiday season. The newly expanded offering includes additional touchpoints and channels to reach customers wherever they are with new ad formats. Together, we will work with each partner to more deeply connect advertisers with customers throughout key moments in the shopper journey in order to provide the best solutions for advertisers.
- TikTok — More than 50% of TikTok users say they watch ads on their feed instead of scrolling past them. This provides a great opportunity for advertisers to connect with potential shoppers. The first-to-market pilot between TikTok and Walmart Connect will provide advertisers with the opportunity to serve in-feed ads on TikTok, leveraging the impact of TikTok’s sound-on full screen video format together with Walmart Connect’s targeting and measurement.
- Snap Inc — This first-of-its kind partnership with Snapchat will bring advertisers Snap Ads, Collection Ads and Snap AR with Walmart Connect geo-based measurement of omnichannel sales lift. This is the first time advertisers can buy Snap ad units through Walmart Connect and get in front of the unique Snapchat audience (75% of 13-34 year-olds in the U.S.), who hold over $1.9 trillion in spending power.
- Firework — As shoppers increasingly turn to online video to discover, research and purchase products in their omnichannel journey, advertisers need to meet customers where they are and create compelling video experiences. Our partnership with Firework enables supplier-funded shoppable livestreams and short shoppable videos on Walmart.com/live. Walmart Connect is testing how brands can leverage Firework’s capabilities to create premium, engaging, mobile-first video experiences and, to start, has partnered with J&J and P&G.
- TalkShopLive — Building on our existing enterprise relationship with TalkShopLive, our partnership enables supplier-funded shoppable livestreams on Walmart.com/live, TalkShopLive’s platform, brand and publisher sites, as well as across the web, helping to connect the retail landscape via TalkShopLive’s embeddable video player. Walmart Connect is testing how brands can seamlessly amplify their content and connect with shoppers at scale. To start, it has already executed livestreams with J&J, P&G, and Samsung, among others.
- Roku — Walmart recently announced a first-of-its-kind partnership to make TV streaming the next e-commerce shopping destination. As the exclusive retailer enabling streamers to purchase featured products fulfilled by Walmart directly on Roku, America’s #1 TV streaming platform*, the new experience offers product discovery with a seamless checkout experience, enabling purchase directly at the time of inspiration. This new experience will be funded by advertisers through Walmart Connect and Roku Advertising. Walmart Connect will connect brands to customers through the t-commerce platform on Roku. Advertisers will receive insights on effectiveness with Walmart Connect measurement.